the alternative to real world, is just time for me and a fantasy.


I need to explain something to everyone.

my obsession with this musician.

most people have no idea who IAMX is. and that's very well, because I will enjoy continuing to see him play at T.T.'s, singing and gyrating mere feet from me. IAMX is the stage name for Chris Corner, the lead singer for Sneaker Pimps, known for little other than "Six Underground," the trippy downtempo radio ballad from the 90s.

this is possibly the most androgynous man on the face of the planet. I mean, this guy puts Brian Molko to shame. he wears insane makeup, rarely has a shirt on, and has at least 5 top hats covered in glitter. all of his songs are synth-driven, dark electro songs about sex, drugs, bisexuality, and gender identity. he is decadent, extravagant, a fusion of sound and images. in short, if I were a man, and had any musical talent, I would be him.

if you're interested in what a stylish drunk with a political bent and a penchant for the dramatic sounds like, check out his page on Last.fm: IAMX.

good. now you all get it.

0 comments: